Its decided my life goal is now to star in an infomercial
How do white people survive?
Is she trying to clean up that wine with a copy of Sonic 2?
All about me
This is one of my most favorite endings to a Disney movie, hands down.
Fuck the sword of a Hun who was going to destroy China. Fuck any sort of gift from the Emperor. They’re these *things* that have no meaning whatsoever.
His little girl is home from a *war*, safe and sound, and that is the most important thing in the world to him. The world can go to hell, but it doesn’t matter, because Mulan’s home.
this scene ALWAYS makes me cry
“Kids lose everything unless there’s someone there to look out for them. And if your parents are too fucked up to do it, then maybe I should”
Stand By Me (1986)
The Boxtrolls (2014) | Behind the Scenes
via Animation Magazine:
- 1 week; the average amount of time for an animator to complete 3.7 seconds of footage
- 3.5 inches, the cuff-to-cuff measurement of baby Eggs’ sweater (created on an embroidery machine to produce irregular lines, like a hand-knitted garment). His little socks are only ⅝” long
- 4 scenes per week was the goal for each animator
- 14 different fabrics were used in Lord Portley-Rind’s white hat
- 24 kinds of weeds were created for backgrounds by the greens department
- 55 different sculpts of prop cheeses were made; different scale sizes were needed for wide, medium and close shots
The 7th image… oh man..how do they animate water so that the wave lights animate alongside the character animation?? Is that some 3D printed water right there that they switch out over and over??? A light projection thru glass? Dying to know how it works. Everything about how Laika makes movies is real actual magic
The reason why the room was pink was because on black and white film, hues of red become dark shades of black. Pink is the perfect balance to give it that dark creepy grey.
A related fun fact: while old black and white film was under-sensitive to reds, it was correspondingly over-sensitive to greens. Actors whose characters were meant to have unnaturally pale complexions - like Morticia Addams - would often take advantage of this by wearing makeup with a green base tint in order to make their faces “pop”. This is where the modern trope of cartoon vampires having green skin comes from.
These are some fun fucking facts
Sort of Incorrect Les Miserables Lyrics — You’re the One That I Want
No, that looks right to me.